Monday 5 July 2010

The Grand Tour.

Like most things in my life, my holidays begin with a check-list. More often than not these lists begin, "wake up", "take a shower", "eat breakfast"; simple things that ensure I have something to tick off when it gets to the end of the day and all else has failed. This year - with Harry and Charlotte wrapped up in exams and end-of-term preparations - my role as holiday-planner has increased and as a result (I am pleased to say) my holiday organisation skills - and with them my list-making - have improved dramatically too. Thus:

Moving house - check
Plane tickets - procured
Online check-in - check(ed-in)
Interrail tickets - present and correct
Rough itinerary - penciled
First hostel - booked

I actually have a folder full of print-outs and a notebook full of calculations. If that doesn't deserve five points for Gryffindor, I don't know what does. Tonight, we had a 'meeting' at Charlotte's house, which mostly involved comparisons of money belts/rucksacks/head wear, etc. and a scathing comment from Harry regarding some loose straps on Charlotte's bag ("God Charlotte, that's where your pickaxe goes!" - um yeah Charlotte). In eight hours or so I'll wake up (check), take a shower (check) and eat my breakfast (check), before packing my bags, collecting my Euros and hitting the road to Liverpool. Finally, we are off to Europe.

No comments: