Tuesday 11 May 2010

Distractions.

Revision time is a bore, particularly when you're pent up in the house, alone with the boys (read: the goldfish) because your housemates are away having post-portfolio fun. I toyed with the idea of going home for the weekend as well, but I knew that my good intentions would dissolve the instant I stepped onto the Euston concourse. So, I buckled down and bought myself some flip cards from W H Smiths. Productivity 1 Procrastination 0. In the deep dark days of revision that followed I holed myself up in my duvet den and took solace in innocent smoothies, long conversations on the telephone and the inevitable cocktail, one part work, one part iplayer = end result, TIME-WASTER. I spent a lot of time in Tesco, bought a Berlin guidebook with an old gift voucher (now, to book a Berlin holiday) and developed my Paris (& beyond) film at last. On the plus side it's grey and cold outside, so I am not facing the usual dilemma: revision vs. sunshine. On the down side, Gideon.


No comments: