Monday 17 January 2011

London's Calling.

It dawned on me over the holidays that this is it - the last real term of my last real year in higher education (pending further notice, at least). In five months time I will be packing up my student life and leaving London, possibly forever - and contrary to what freshers Jess might have told you, that makes me very, very sad indeed. But less of the grumbly tones. Despite the horrendous amounts of work I have to consider over the next couple of months, I intend to make the absolute most of this big big city while I am still here. Gone are the skype conversations with my dad, where I would say, "but I don't have to do everything at once. I've still got three/two/one year(s) left". This is the time for lists and plans and misadventures a plenty; which is why I spent my Christmas making immense Google Maps and Eurostar bookings with Sarah:




In other news, I came back to London today and went straight to Brockley with my monstrous suitcase, for my first ever W.I. committee meeting. I am officially an assistant vice-prez now, so please feel free to come to me with any knitting needle/ jam making/ cake baking queries you might have.

No comments: