Wednesday 19 January 2011

Par Avion.

With the realisation that I have only five and a half months left in London came the realisation that in five and a half months we are going to have to deconstruct the postcard wall. We have been collecting postcards ever since we moved into Scawen Road (I wrote my first postcard to my "new housemates" in Prague and then subsequently lost it for a year and a half in the clutter of my room). Originally they lived on the door of the fridge, however, when we moved to Evelyn Street - following a summer in which both Gabby's brother Stephen and I went interrailing - we decided to move our vast collection on to the sitting room wall:


Right now, there are seven or so postcards lined up on the mantelpiece, because we have run out of room and pegs. There are also three or more postcards lost in the post/residing downstairs with our mail-thieving neighbour. Anyhow, when we leave London in June we will divide up the postcards one way or another (I can't decide: should we keep the ones we wrote ourselves or share them out equally? What should we do with the postcards we wrote together, like the one we sent from the top of Snowdon or the sticker postcard from the London Aquarium?) Either way I have decided to document our postcard collection (a couple a week, in no particular order until we leave). This is one of the first:

No comments: