Saturday 9 April 2011

Beside the Seaside.



It is unnaturally warm and sunny for a British April and so I was happier than ever to get home again this weekend. We went to Abersoch for the day to make the most of the good weather, my dad's birthday, the sea, the sand and the colourful beach huts and it felt much like the dictionary definition of British Summer Time as we walked along the beach, past striped wind breakers and games of cricket. I half-expected to see wheeled bathing machines, a string of donkey riders, men in red and white bathing suits and boater hats wading in the sea. Following this line of thought we took it in turns to bury one another in the sand, ate ice creams as we strolled by the harbour and finished off our day with fish and chips. I think I shall find it particularly difficult to 'get my portfolio on' over the next couple of weeks if this early summer atmosphere continues.

No comments: