Monday 4 April 2011

Bunting.

Over the last few weeks of essay misery, Gabby and I have made it our duty to create as many happy evening distractions for ourselves as possible. So far this has involved homemade scones, jam and cream, late night strolls beside the river, collecting stickers for our McDonalds monopoly board, homemade banoffee pie, a pub quiz or two, film marathons in our sleeping bags and a large Tesco lasagne. On Thursday night we found a fantastic park around the corner from our house, ruined only by the wooden climbing frame, atop which I got stranded.

Now, on the one hand these treats are excellent, because they are spontaneous and the very thought of something non-work related gets me through the day. On the other hand, however, these treats are somewhat detrimental, because they are spontaneous and the very thought of something non-work related haunts me throughout my day ("I wonder what we'll do tonight?" "What time should I finish writing this essay?" etc.) Today's excursion was at least foreplanned and so I packed a picnic and an assortment of fabric scraps before making my way to Brockley. At Emily's house we began the long-awaited task of creating 'Goldsmiths W.I.' bunting. However, in my case, this involved taking photographs, eating pitta bread and mini eggs and tacking a lone yellow gingham triangle before it was time to go home. Still, it was nice to have one last-ditch attempt at a social life before the real essay frenzy kicks in. Expect many blog posts or none at all as this occurs.

No comments: