Wednesday 3 December 2008

Beauty and the Beast.

Last night I visited "Baker = Charlotte 'I like yolks' Hindley" [front row in a homemade villager's skirt in the photo] in Oxford for the grand opening of the OULES (Oxford University Light Entertainment Society) Christmas play, Beauty and the Beast. It was very much fabulous and I left the theatre feeling happy and lightly entertained. We also attempted to watch Princess Mononoke at a Mansfield Film Society evening, but there were projector problems, so we ate our fair share of mince pies and then left. We were after all the only ones there. Instead Charlotte and I watched Black Book into the wee hours. It was a really good film, but we went to bed feeling slightly downhearted (Nazis as always = bloody) and more than a bit confused. Oh, and the Porter man thought we were sisters (so we told him, "No! We're just good friends..")

I left Charlotte this morning after breakfast and returned to London following a brief felt hunt (success at last!) and a sneaky peek into Borders. There, I did a little Christmas shopping in Covent Garden until my arms grew tired and I headed back to New Cross Gate.

No comments: