Monday 1 December 2008

Advent.



I've had a busy weekend, filled with a series of diversions and a last minute bout of essay writing and now I feel like I could curl up in bed and sleep until Wednesday. Unfortunately, however, I am not free of the essay factory yet and at some point between now and Friday I have to churn out another 1500 words on the critical interpretations of Frankenstein, or some such nonsense. -_-

When I came back from the library this evening I began to arrange my University-room Christmas decorations. I have a mini tree made of black tinsel, a set of small, colourful baubles, some new fairy lights and some Christmas tree pegs for attaching cards to the wall. I don't know whether I'll actually receive any cards while I'm here, but they look nice all the same. I also want to make some paperchains over the weekend. I wish I had some cool origami paper to make them with, but card of the Paper Mill Shop variety will have to suffice.

Oh and on a loosely related topic, (paper chains > paper envelopes) I'm in the process of making Harry an advent calendar. It's super cool, even if I do say so myself. The first set arrived in Cambridge on Saturday, but I wrote strict opening instructions on the outside of the package, so Harry opened it today. It sounds like he was pleasantly surprised.

I'm going to Oxford tomorrow to watch Beauty and the Beast. I couldn't decide whether I had time to go, what with essays and the like, but then I thought (a) it's almost Christmas, (b) you won't do any work on Tuesday anyhow and what's more you haven't seen Charlotte in over five weeks. That's so unreal. But yay for tomorrow evening♥.
+ Eleven Days.

No comments: