Wednesday 26 November 2008

16.

Once again the shops are filling up with bustling shoppers, Christmas songs and festive cheer (although I was sad to learn that Woolworths are closing after all this time. Where will we buy our shrimps and bananas now?) My parents came to visit me today and while my dad was in a meeting, my mum and I went Christmas shopping. I had a great time and we were very successful in our purchases, despite the fact that we got little further than Covent Gardens. My mum bought me some fruity teas from Whittards (Mulled Wine flavour, yum♥) and some twinkly Christmas decorations from Paperchase (fairy lights, mini tree and colourful baubles). I also did a bit of shopping of my own; namely a present for Hannah and a couple of things for Harry. I must write up a proper list before I go back. I keep on seeing things, thinking "Oo, that would be good for [name]" and then 'saving it for another day'. I should probably remember that there are only sixteen another days left and at least four? five? of those will be spent in serious essay contemplation. After a quick jaunt into Hamley's (which is always fun), we met up with my dad in Leicester Square. We ate dinner at a less than perfect Chinese restaurant, then headed back to Euston in plenty of time for their train. I still hate goodbyes.

Actually, speaking of Christmas preparations, I've begun compiling a list of 'Christmas Plans'. It seems slightly pathetic, I know, but it is without a doubt necessary. I never get things done unless I list them, it seems. So far my ideas include the likes of Christmas Marketing in Manchester, ice-Skating, making a Gingerbread House, etc. but we'll see how much productivity there is after the twelfth.

(Note: new favourite shop = Artbox in the Thomas Neals Centre. + Starbucks and Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Yayy. ♥)

No comments: