Sunday 9 November 2008

Reading Week.

I spent 'Reading Week' (aka. half term in an academic disguise) firstly in Durham with my Gran and secondly in Cambridge with my Harry. ♥ It was really nice to get away from London & Uni for a couple of days and I must admit I'm not feeling terribly thrilled about coming back again.

In Durham I spent my time chatting, eating scones, relaxing by the fire, shopping in the rain, watching old films and the election results, chatting some more, writing letters, eating real food, drinking hot chocolate before bed, even more chatting, reading for pleasure (O:) and then some more chatting. Oh, and I had a bath too. It was perfect.

I then took an over-crowded train to Cambridge where Harry and I spent our time shopping, watching films (Little Miss Sunshine & the Royal Tenenbaums♥), exploring and decorating Harry's room. We also ate a lot of strange food combinations (E.G. chili con carne, tortilla wraps, Terry's chocolate orange and tea-cakes. You've got to love those nutritious student meals) and failed to make it to a single museum or place of culture yet again. Go us.

All in all, I've felt more at ease these past six days than I have in a long time and I'm extremely grateful for that. Hopefully, these homesy feelings will last me until Christmas. Or at least until my next visitor arrives. And, needless to say, I've done very little reading!









No comments: