Tuesday 14 July 2009

Days & Nights.

But mostly nights.

So far this summer I've been doing a little here, a little there. I went to the Eirias Summer Showcase with Charlotte to watch Josh bass it up to Valerie. We took Sparkle Motion to the Wheatsheaf Pub Quiz, where to our surprise (and probably because we eavesdropped) we did not come last. I helped run Tom's book and origami stall; the origami was in danger of blowing away though, so mostly it was books. I watched Torchwood and Ice Age 3 and played card games at Catrin's house. Emily and I shared pitchers in Wethers and were sober cats.

Yesterday I began a week of training in preparation for the playscheme summer job I so willingly acquired. ¬.¬ In all fairness it has not been a bad start: there were face paints and exuberant games of duck, duck, goose and yes, I made a panda mask and a collage. Hard money it was not. In the evening I attempted to organise an outdoor gym evening, but the weather gods were very much against me (read: torrential rain). Instead we went to the Pen-y-Bryn for a drink and a chat, to Tescos for croissants and a lopsided fight with Gaz, Paris and Sam, to the Conwy Morfa for frights, horn honking/light flashing and synchronised enter/exit fun and finally to the Conwy Castle car park, where we finished the night with a miniature Sports Day. There were drunken people watching, I almost fell out of my chair during the slow song contest and Hannah and I came second in the three-legged race. Go us. :)

Some noteworthy photographs:



This one in particular makes me smile. Happyslapping in the Lake District. Score!

No comments: