Thursday 23 July 2009

Play Scheme.

My first week of play scheme has been jam-packed; full of ball games and 'Duck, duck, goose' and 'Octopuses and fishies', and the jaunty rhyme "Detective, Detective, there's gonna be a murder" has long since become lodged in my head. I have moved sites, interrupted children in the throes of eating glue and drawing on the floor, instructed in the construction of hand puppets and animal masks and giant bric-a-brac robots and cut out more cardboard teeth than I care to mention. On Wednesday I walked into Colwyn Bay with Ceri, discovered that there is a +side to living in a charity shop haven and in the process spent a fraction of my wages on chips and second hand books and an old 35mm Halina camera that I have no idea how to operate (suggestions welcome).

And now I am at home again, feeling absolutely exhausted and wondering why-oh-why I agreed to babysit tonight. All I can say is, hurray and hurrah for the three day weekend.

No comments: