Saturday 26 December 2009

Chris Kringle.

Merry Christmas, everyone.
In true Jess fashion the Christmas traditions began bright and early on Christmas Eve. I went home, went drinks shopping with my dad and then did my usual last-minute rush around Llandudno, despite my earlier assertions that things had changed. There's something quite exciting about Christmas Eve shopping, anyway. A special kind of festive feeling that only comes with frantic running and grabbing at shelves :) In the evening we drove to Conwy and moseyed over the bridge to sing carols and see Santa Claus. This year Father Christmas sounded a lot like Johnny Vegas, which was something of an improvement if you consider the various drunken St. Nicks of Christmases gone by. We found Charlotte, et al. (Charlotte and I have major finding each other skills. One time we went to Bonfire Night in Eirias Park armed with very large sticks :)) and watched the fireworks, which were fairly impressive. On the way home we drove through Llandudno Junction in search of the house of many Christmas lights, but when we arrived we found it in darkness. Sad, bad, recession times these are. Before bed I got ready for the real Santa's arrival (I ♥ Christmas, do no judge me). I took a small sherry glass out of the cupboard and my mum told me, "I think Santa would like a bigger glass than that." Santa, I told her, will get what he's given.

On Christmas morning I woke at a fairly early hour and we clomped downstairs en famille. We swapped presents and ate breakfast (pan au chocolat and twiglets ♥) and then I dressed in Christmassy garb (a combination of reds and greens and reindeer socks) before lunch. I got so many lovely presents this year, these are some of the favourites I found pictures of on the interweb:

I also got some amazing cookie cutters, a Very Hungry Caterpillar badge set, earmuffs, a DVD or two, cozy slippers from Vicki and a handmade monster from Hannah. For lunch we had chicken and duck (breaking the mold since '08), along with the essentials: pigs in blankets, roast potatoes, etc. In the evening we settled down to some Christmas television with Doctor Who (oh my) and Dad's Army. Then Charlotte and Harry came to visit and we exchanged presents (popcorn maker and Cath Kidston stationery and pretty room decorations) and played an epic game of Trivial Pursuit. The verdict = everyone hates my dad :)

Today I arranged my presents in display formation, watched some more television and had a belated Christmas day treasure hunt. Tomorrow we're off to Durham in the snow and Hamlet is on the download :) I hope you all had a lovely day.

No comments: