Wednesday 16 December 2009

No place like home.

I am so home right now and I am loving it (despite the fact that the snow began to fall the literal second I left London. I hope it doesn't stick, I am jealous like that). While I wait for the brand new Family Guy cum Star Wars film (is it really called Something, something, something dark side? Brilliant.) to buffer I thought I'd catch up on some blog. The how and the where and the why of life back in Cymru, if you will. The trip home was frankly awful. As usual I had far too many bags (one filled entirely with presents, how Santa am I?) and this proved a massive problem when public transport was involved. Bus + tubes + broken up escalator at Euston did not make for a pleasant journey, nor did the last minute dash for the half past two train. Aching muscles were aplenty and I couldn't find my Elf DVD. However, I made it home eventually and that's the main thing. Since arriving back I have divided my time up nice and evenly; bit of food, bit of sleep, bit of felt frog making (frogsessed). On Sunday I went to Vicki's house with Hannah and we caught up on all things GBC and this afternoon I went to the Pen-y-Bryn for a sumptuous welcome home lunch. It was so very nice to see everybody again. Oh, I am absolutely ready for Christmas right now. The tree is up, I went to the Eirias Carol Concert last night with Charlotte and I'm going last-minute shopping in Chester on Friday. For the first time ever though I am prepared. Bought and wrapped and all tagged up prepared. No rush, no whizz-round-the-shops-on-Christmas-Eve panic. Just sit back and revel in the constant central heating and the fuzzy reindeer ears and the panto and the present giving. It's a lovely kind of feeling.

+ Oh home. I just completed a tele-survey about the Welsh language, on the basis that the operator sounded a little like Joanna Page from Gavin and Stacey, brill.

No comments: