Friday 13 February 2009

Valentine's Eve.

I am in Cambridge and there is a power cut. Fun times.

Following a particularly late night and a painfully early wake-up call I finally succeeded in completing a tedious Approaches essay and a Critical Commentary for Creative Writing. At two, with work handed in, bags packed and room tidied I set off for King's Cross and for Cambridge. I arrived sometime after four and Harry met me at the station not long after. We took a taxi back to Selwyn, where I made a mockery of my careful packing and we exchanged Valentine's Day presents. Harry had prepared a lovely welcome for me (pictures to come later?) with special Valentine's notes waiting at both the typewriter and on his miniature blackboard. I received a beautiful long-stemmed rose, some shrimps and bananas ♥, some glow-in-the-dark stars ♥♥, some pretty cutlery from Octopus (the hearts can only increase, but I won't!), a Hotel Chocolat gift set, the Stephen Fry in America DVD boxset and some InAnimate faces from Paperchase, to "add character to your inanimate objects". 
Later, after an episode of Torchwood in all colours of the rainbow, we set out for Bella Italia, where we passed several enjoyable hours with much-missed chit-chat and delicious Italian food.
Back at Selwyn and power cut subsided, we are now going to watch a film (Evan Almighty?), before going to bed/ watching another film and another and another. I am off to Dansk tomorrow. However, the flight does not depart until the late afternoon, so I have a few more hours with Harry yet. ♥. 

No comments: