Wednesday 11 February 2009

Westfield.

Today I went to the Westfield Centre in Shepherd's Bush, in search of warm clothes for next week's trip to Denmark. It was a vast place and I would quickly have found myself lost, if it were not for a regular interspersing of interactive maps and floor plans. I began my shopping trip on a light note, with visits to Paperchase and Scribbler, before progressing onto the darker territories of Topshop (where I tried on a wooly jumper with a turtle neck; yuck the static!), Next and River Island. I bought a Valentine's Day present for Harry in HMV and a navy-blue cardigan in H&M. I looked at shoes in Office and I spent a lot of money on moisturiser in Boots (although in my defense I had a £10 gift voucher and Soap & Glory's Peachy Cream body butter is very, very nice. So nice in fact, I'd like to schmear it on a cracker ). For lunch I had a tasty Mellow Yellow pancake from crepeaffaire, then I went to WH Smiths, in order to use up some more vouchers. I bought the Times for its free book (Lady Chatterley's Lover by D. H. Lawrence), some plastic wallets and a orange Capri Sun in a squeezy pouch :). Finally, I went back to Topshop where I bought Harry some Valentine's Day moped cuff-links with the coppers and silvers lining the bottom of my purse. I do hope he likes them.

After leaving Westfield, I made a quick trip to Artbox in Covent Gardens, where I bought a fleecy Hello Kitty blanket with my birthday/ Christmas money. The nights are so cold at the moment and my radiator is very selective in its operating hours that it is a more than justified buy! Unfortunately, as the purpose of my trip was a little bit neglected in the end, I shall have to venture out again tomorrow. I hate to battle the crowds, but the Oxford Street Topshop is certainly the best bet for finding a desired item. And then, because I haven't been for over a week, I might pay Cineworld a visit too. :)

No comments: