Monday 24 August 2009

Prague.



This afternoon I am jetting off to the Czech Republic via. Zurich airport for a week of castles, cathedrals and other forms of non-stop culture. The guidebooks are a lot more promising on the subject of Prague, stating, "Come for the awe-inspiring architectural over-achievement, and stay for the energy of this exciting city rushing confidently into the 21st century", yet I have a feeling that I am going to be made to eat my pre-Turkey apprehensions by the end of the week, thanks to some sort of severe sightseeing overdose. And I can safely predict that my feet will be well and truly deadened by the time we arrive home on Sunday. Ah well, I'm excited nonetheless. At the top of my things-to-do-in-Prague priority list, are a visit to the Franz Kafka museum and our usual pilgrimage to the Hard Rock Cafe. And I really want to find one of these pesky near-extinct black-and-white photo booths. My guidebook also states that Kafka wrote, "Prague doesn't let go, this mother has claws." So, should be a good trip.

No comments: