Monday 19 October 2009

Birthday fun.

Starting on the twelfth I had a lovely busy week of birthday goodness. On Monday, after Victorians, I went to Cafe Crema with Katie and Ed, where we met up with other creative writing folk and ate tasty vegetarian food and cake. In reality it was Sarala's celebration, but I took the liberty of classing it as a joint-event. On Tuesday I went to the London Aquarium with Jenny, Gabby and Alice. We bought sushi beforehand, which in retrospect was a little cruel-minded, then spent several hours browsing the fish-tanks. My favourites were the shark-feeding and the terapins. :) In the evening I went to the pub-quiz with Jenny, where we came joint third. Probably thanks to our team's keen cocktail knowledge.


On Wednesday evening we went to Pizza Hut for a birthday meal. It took us a good fifteen minutes to decide which pizzas to order, but despite this and depressing subject matter I had a lovely time. Afterward, we went to Tescos to buy ice-cream (Carte dor caramel cinnamon absolutely-bad-for-you waffle crunch = ♥) and then we went home to watch True Blood. Alice gave me a birthday bottle of apple sourz after I failed to find a grown-up drink that I liked.

On Thursday I met up with Taylor and Emily in New Cross and we went into central for a long-awaited shopping day. We ate lunch at Bodean's in Soho, which was barbecue perfection :) and visited the shops of Carnaby St. and Covent Garden. I bought some birthday presents in Magma and plenty of Cath Kidston for Vicki, then we finished off with tea (and hot chocolate. Must learn to like tea :)) and cupcakes at Primrose bakery. In the evening it was the W.I. Zine Workshop at the Amersham Arms. Being in the birthday spirit I made a birthday zine, tbc. Other zines included; kitschenette, Jordan and Peter and Barack Obama and Julia Roberts' baby.


Friday was my birthday proper, but with a day of lectures to contend with it didn't feel that way until later on. In creative writing we had Sainsbury's caterpillar cake and everybody sang happy birthday. I ate the face :) At ten past five, after the usual mad dash across London and Krispy Kremes doughnuts, I caught the train home. The journey was Bleak House filled and uneventful, up until the point when a car drove into a bridge outside Flint. The train was delayed and I worried that I would spend the remainder of my birthday aboard the cross-country Virgin Voyager Service, but eventually I made it home. We had a birthday tea (I am growing increasingly conscious that I am over-using the word 'birthday' in this post) and then I opened my presents. Oh, I got so many lovely things. Some favourites included: Listography book, Cath Kidston bag, cake tins, Sew book, East of India decorations and my homemade notice board.


On Saturday we went to Chester for the day, where we ate lunch at Frankie and Benny's and went shopping for fluffy slippers. In the evening I went for a meal at Romeo's with some friends. I got lots of wintry presents and a Monty Python noise-maker from Hannah (oh and a teabag, courtesy of Amber's dad) :) We finished the night in our usual fashion; Wetherspoons followed by a spot of car-park lurking and prolonged goodbyes. It was so nice to be back, one night only or otherwise.


On Sunday we went out for a family meal (number four and feeling chubby :)) at the Pen-y-Bryn. I had ham and eggs and chips followed by a much-anticipated butterscotch waffle. (It very much lived up to expectation). I spent the rest of the day lazing around and making the most of a house with central heating and a large bathtub. Finally finished watching Desperate Romantics around ten-ish, then went upstairs to pack my bags, bemoaning the painfully early morning ahead.

TA-DA.

No comments: