Friday 30 October 2009

Let's live like Jack and Sally.

In terms of my favourite time of year Halloween is definitely way up there with Christmas and birthdays and that triumphant end-of-exams sensation. There's nothing I love better than an excuse to dress up and eat cake and other people's chocolate. This year I will be in Venice on the 'big day', absorbing galleries and gondolas while wearing the oogie boogie out of my witches hat and/or vampire fangs. People may stare, but there's little that will stop me from donning my pumpkin costume and dancing around St. Mark's Square tomorrow night :) In the meantime I have avoided watching a single slasher film, baked a score of halloween cupcakes (complete with orange cases, green icing and gummy skulls) and bought a pumpkin. I have a thing for naming inanimate objects (cars, Christmas trees, etc.) This year's pumpkin is called Benjamin. Our flight leaves at early o'clock tomorrow morning, so in a minute or so I'm going to attempt to nap. When I wake up later though it's pumpkin carving/Nightmare Before Christmas watching time. I love pointless traditions. It's just a shame I don't have any bobbing apples.

No comments: