Monday 15 March 2010

Pugs not drugs.

Twenty long minutes, one manic dash across a Lincoln platform, four trains, two books and five hours later I arrived home for the remainder of the weekend. On Sunday we drove down to Birmingham to watch Crufts at the NEC arena (jinx this time last year), which involved lots of dogs and family friends and Ben and Jerry's and pupcakes and presents for Cleo and for ourselves. I gave my mum a homemade card and a Cath Kidston book for Mother's day. Halfway through the evening show I saw my very first streaker (he was a professional, my research informs me) and during the Best in Show some ladies waved ineffectual signs and shouted things the audience couldn't hear. So we clapped and then we went home.

Today I'm back in London and my plans for the week involve enjoying the sunshine, natural dye workshop at the W.I., a fingers-crossed visit from Harry, finishing my cork-board for Alice's London project, buying film for my charity shop camera, brushing up my French and changing some Euros. It's just over ten days until Pariszeit and the only change to our itinerary is the addition of a visit to Shakespeare and Co. so that could do with some work too.

No comments: