Tuesday 29 September 2009

Giant-ass pandas.



On Sunday afternoon after brunch and a mid-morning scramble, I moved back to London. Laden with three bags and a laptop case I stumbled my way across the country and wound my way up and down the stairwells of the city, only to arrive back to an empty house and severely aching muscles. Not a wonderful start. I watched Charlie Boorman until my housemates arrived and then began my second year with a hardcore early night. Lectures were go! on Monday with the Victorians (big chunky novels and seminars on the twelth floor to be exact). I had lunch with Katie and Ed from Creative Writing and then went to the library for a thorough internet session. The house is perfect; we have a park, we have FISH, but dammit we don't have the internet. It's pathetic how cut off from the world I feel. In the evening I went to see Adventureland in central, which was lovely and then went home for another early night. I think I must be doing the whole student thing backwards. This morning I had an abrupt Shakespeare lecture and a seminar which involved the tutor dispelling Shakespeare as a myth, followed by a nice cheap lunch at the Thailand with Jenny, Gabby and their friend Lydia. Reading begins today with the Taming of the Shrew, aka. a chance to watch Heath Ledger in all his glory. And so begins the autumn term.

2 comments:

Me said...

Is it weird that I automatically read your title as Giant Ass-Pandas? The thought of an ass-panda, whatever that may be, is a little scary :) xxx

lemony snicket. said...

Too much xkcd is what it is. Too much xkcd.

http://xkcd.com/37/

:)