Friday 11 September 2009

Homeowners.



So, I never really mentioned it at the time because I was in Prague and because I am less than enthusiastic about the summer coming to an end, but I am now the proud owner of number eleven Scawen Road. It may look like a tiny little terrace in the picture, but it's actually pretty massive once you get inside. Today I went to the Trafford Centre with my mum and dad in search of pretty things to beautify my new room. We spent a long time in Selfridges, browsing our way through the Cath Kidston section, where I bought some flowery tea towels, cowboy writing paper and a blue enamel mixing bowl (because year two = baked goods galore). I also had my eye of this tea-cup and saucer set

but my dad got in the way of the money spending with his thrifty ways and his unnecessary realism. "But you don't even drink tea" = going on the largest teacup and teapot binge the moment I get back to London :)

As a matter of fact, I've spent far too long considering how to decorate no. eleven recently. Every time I see a picture of a cute design idea, a bed linen den or an interesting photo arrangement I save it to my computer. For starters, there are at least five examples of floral bunting I covet. Although in reality my room will remain a kingdom of cardboard boxes and confusion for several long weeks after I move in, I hope that someday it will look a little like this. Or this, or this, or this. Particularly the last one, because that's the kind of messy state I could maintain forever.

No comments: