Sunday 31 January 2010

Whale of a time.

This afternoon I went to Biscuit in Greenwich with some girls from the W.I. We had 'I am' stickers and a special Party room all to ourselves.


I bought a hot chocolate (and after sampling Taylor's lemon cake decided that next time, there will be cake) and spent a long time debating what I was going to paint. Eventually I decided I have too many mugs already, settled on a ceramic ice-cream slash trinket pot and got down to some serious painting.


Among us we created several mugs, a couple of cat egg-cups and a few cups and saucers. Taylor designed an amazing whale-themed beer mug (inspired by the Book of Whale Insults :)) and a lot of fun was had by all.


All in all a lovely little Sunday afternoon. I can't wait to see the end result next week. And I absolutely intend to take all my friends pottery painting when they visit me in London (you hear that Charlotte?).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It all looks amazing :)
I am so excited to go there next time :D
(And it looks like they have things other than pigs to paint! Oh, the choice!)
xxx

Taylor said...

ah that was such a nice way to spend an afternoon! that photo of me has motivated me to start wearing eyeliner again though, rahhh.