Saturday 30 January 2010

Youth in Revolt.

I really should keep track of things on here. More exciting bullet points for you :)

1. On Tuesday after my Shakespeare class I took a trip to Greenwich with Gabby and Jenny. We went to the Tai Won Mein by the Cutty Sark where the food portion to price ratio was overwhelmingly in our favour. As is my way however, I struggled to make anything but a small indentation in my chicken chow mein, so we boxed me up a doggy bag before we went on our way. We paid a quick trip to Mr Humbug where the service was unusually mediocre, but the 'golf balls' were not and then I set off to West India on the DLR for another Cineworld adventure. This time around I watched It's Complicated and Up in the Air; both funny, both left me feeling a bit unsatisfied. Love John Krasinski though. And I'm looking forward to the new Michael Cera film.



2. On Wednesday my dad was in London again and so we paid a visit to the Victoria and Albert museum. We spent a large amount of the time wandering around the sprawling galleries looking for paintings to add to my dad's art database. Indeed, my family's capacity for lists is truly overwhelming :) I noseyed around Covent Gardens while my dad was at a meeting, which involved a pret a manger hunt, Hope and Greenwood shrimps (I'm a good boy), Cath Kidston bookmark thievery and tea and biscuits stickers from the gigantic Paperchase on Tottenham Court Road. I met up with my dad before he left for our usual Nandos ritual and we discussed summer holidays and the like. Where can you see lions?

3. On Thursday Alice and I went to CyberCandy in search of sweety goodness. I was on the look-out for Big Red gum, but my quest was somewhat redundant. Instead I brought back the 90's with Nerds and Dairy Milk with popping candy. Afterwards, we met up with Jen and Gabby et al and took the bus up to the Wellcome Collection on Euston Road. We went to an exhibition called 'Identity: Eight rooms, nine lives', which I found absolutely fascinating. Delving into other people's lives? Right up my street :) I will definitely have to pay another, uninhibited visit at some point, if only to explore the room full of diary extracts in more detail. (Because we'd never been before) Alice, Jenny and I took a look upstairs at the 'Medicine Man/Medicine Now' collection while the others went to the shop. We got a little distracted along the way, as we discovered an interactive section with the option to illustrate a postcard and display it on the giant postcard wall. Gabby, Lydia and Ella joined us and together we spent a good half an hour colouring away with awesome crayola pens. Now by this point I was getting hungry (having eaten little bar a bowl of Frosties and a handful of cherry Nerds since breakfast) so we went for dinner at the Court. We had some trouble locating a table and a suitable amount of chairs, the food took a while to arrive and before I knew it it was kicking out o'clock and my housemates were a little bit drunk and emotional. The 188 ensued. 3am Gangs of New York tried to ensue, but did not succeed.

No comments: