Sunday 14 February 2010

Arrriba.

On Thursday Alice reached the grand-old age of twenty-two, and so we celebrated the day in style, i.e. Club Sandwich and a Mexican house gathering (I still maintain the need for sombreros and large moustaches, but nevermind). On Wednesday Alice and Jenny curled my hair 'Jane Austen' style and we went to the Surrey Docks so that I could consume coloured liquids before venturing into New Cross. As usual, I took to my role as recorder of drunken antics, Alice made the most of birthday girl's rights and we partook in the age-old tradition of dancing around our handbags :) The next day Alice and friends cooked a mountain of Mexican food while nursing poorly heads. Our guests arrived at seven and we ate chili and enchiladas in the sitting room. While we ate we discussed the merits of Salad fingers (Oli hopes he will find peace one day) and I made a monster mask out of a tortilla. Later Gabby produced a fantastic Victoria Sponge from the kitchen and we watched the Breakfast Club. Mostly, we fell in love with the geeky boy and bemoaned the fact that the weird girl ends up kissing the meat head. '80's for the win.

No comments: