Wednesday 24 February 2010

I ♥ NX.

This afternoon I went to a dissertation meeting in the Ian Gulland lecture theatre. I was deciding upon a topic area based purely on the supervisors on offer - along with everybody else in the room, by the sounds of things - when the Head of Department came along and said, "...the only people that don't need to be here today are the English and Media Studies students and the English with Creative Writing students." Damn it, and there I was leaning towards an essay on Victorian Children's Literature. Being a little wedged in and not one for drawing attention to myself during lectures I stayed put and I'm glad I did, rewarded with this gem of a quote as I was. "You have to remember that your dissertation is your baby, so if it's not going well it might be best to abort."

Right now I am sat in the Cambridge Engineering Department. Harry is building a robot and there are two boys in the corner debating non-stop about politics and the European Union. "If we were to become the United States of America...", "Let's say Labour abolished elections...", "Ironically the Queen has the power to dissolve any government..." So fracking Oxbridge.

3 comments:

Me said...

:O You made a swear! x

lemony snicket. said...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=4750307551&ref=search&sid=513315538.1264063185..1

I know and I still feel uncomfortable about it. Should I star out the u? I just don't know.

lemony snicket. said...

Nope, I couldn't do it.
But I think the 'fracking' is a nice addition. It works well with the theme and with the content of the visit. BSG ♥