Sunday 28 February 2010

I Saved Latin.

What did you ever do?
Joshie came to see me this weekend. After a Northern Line disaster we had pizza and watched Rushmore. Good film, I do love Wes Anderson :)

Herman Blume: She’s my Rushmore.
Max Fischer: I know. She was mine too.

On Saturday we did nothing but eat and shop 'by the looks of things'. We went to McDonalds for breakfast and to Camden where we saw a man with a baby wallaby called Brucie standing in front of the station. I dragged my brother to a couple of stalls and to Oxfam DIY and Beyond Retro before we went to lunch at Bodean's and to Topman. I have my eye on this box of notecards. Pizza Hut for tea too. Yup, lots of eating and shopping.

On Sunday we went to Brick Lane with a time limit. I found my way from Liverpool Street by means of, 'ah, there's the car park from the Jack the Ripper tour' and 'oh, there's the church that Will snuck into on the Jack the Ripper tour'. We went to Spitalfields market first, which needs further investigation, then we went to the Sunday Up market on Brick Lane. I bought a domino brooch and some lovely Gemma Correll cards:


Outside we watched a performance called 'Mumbai Spice', which involved a large glass box, members of the public, white boiler suits and safety glasses and tins of brightly coloured powder paint. My research (i.e. my dad) concludes that it was probably in celebration of Holi, the festival of colours. We went to Rough Trade and played in the photobooth, then we walked to Shoreditch and played in the photobooth there as well. We made a nice little 'Mutti's day' picture while we were at it :) After a quick McDonalds lunch we very nearly made it to Euston on time, yet it wasn't to be - Josh was held up at the ticket barrier by a man from Glasgow and a bossy tfl lady and had to make do with the Crewe train half an hour later. Oh well, maybe next year :)

No comments: