Saturday 19 March 2011

Six miles deep.



I went to see Submarine with Taylor last night. I wasn't sure what to expect from Richard Ayoade's debut film - I only saw the trailer a week ago - but I really enjoyed it, putting it on my mental DVDs to buy list as I left the screen. Films like Submarine a. make me sad, because I know they won't come to the cinema when I am at home again next year (case in point: Never Let Me Go, The Kids Are All Right, Brighton Rock, etc.) and b. inspire me to buy sparklers and run around on grey beaches at night time. What's more, there is clearly a South Walian niche developing within the media (hence the actors of Gavin and Stacey popping up in every other British production - and why not?). It's enough to make me resent my relatively generic, slightly Manx based, North Walian accent. Or it would be if I had any interest in working within television or films.

No comments: