Saturday 17 January 2009

Christmas Time.

PART TWO.

Boxing Day was Boxing Day. Relaxing, exploring one's Christmas presents, more festive television and physical activity, if possible. We went to Llanfairfechan after lunch and walked with Cleo along the sea-front. It was truly beautiful and I commented that this was the kind of all-encompassing natural beauty that you just don't find in a big city like London. In the evening there was Scrabble before my auntie left, twiglets and Christmas cake, old films and Wallace and Gromit and coloured stickers in our new 1001 books.

After Christmas we went to County Durham for a few days. For the first time in years, to the disappointment of Josh and I, we did not go to the sales at the Metro Centre (my dad took offense that there would no longer be a Woolworths Sale), but instead we spent an hour or so in the Tescos Extra in Durham. Not quite the same experience, but they did have some cheap books and DVDs and the cheesy crisps Gran had been searching the country for! The following day we drove to see family in North Yorkshire, where there was a blazing fire, mince pies and a further exchange of presents. Did I mention I love Christmas?

We left for home the next day, which was sad as it meant both goodbyes and the sensation that the holidays were drawing to a close. Once home I did the following and much more besides (can you tell that I'm condensing now?): Hannah's house for Doritos and Batman, a cozy New Years Eve at Charlotte's house (Singstar, CTR, Mars Bar mousse, champagne, wish fireworks and Family Fortunes), Pub Quiz on New Year's Day (we were fourth! Out of four teams *ahem*), the waxings and wanings of a Murder Mystery party, Pizza Hut and Enchanted on my dad's last night, Kramer vs. Kramer and Terry's Chocolate Orange (♥), a long-awaited haircut, pasta and Benjamin Button at Hannah's house, Chester and Australia, Liverpool and Pub Quiz, a last CTR-night with Vicente, Harry and Charlotte, Family Fun Day and card-making at Venue Cymru and a less than successful 'last night out'.

It was a hectically happy four weeks, a long time in the coming, but over in a minute when it finally arrived. I enjoyed seeing my family and friends again, profusely and all I can say now is: Roll on Easter!

No comments: