Saturday 24 January 2009

Tourism.

My legs and feet have been well and truly deadened by today's bout of extreme tourism. I took Charlotte and her boyfriend David on a sight-by-sight tour of London, as it was David's first visit to the capital and Charlotte and I thought it only right he be initiated in the ways of Big Ben and Tower Bridge. We started the day with some fresh cinnamon rolls and a horde of blue-clad Queen's Guardsmen, before whizzing from Piccadilly Circus-Chinatown-Leicester Square-Trafalgar Square-McDonald's-Whitehall-Waterloo-London Bridge-Tower Bridge-Buckingham Palace. Charlotte and I took to our role as tourists with great gusto, but David, I think, was less than enthused. Quote of the day: "Oh, so it's a bit like YouTube, but without the you"
Afterwards we went to the Science Museum, where I bought a super-cool set of bath crayons, and Hamleys. Then we took the train back to New Cross, where we bought and consumed a sumptuously unhealthy dinner and watched an episode of Scrubs over Ben and Jerry's ice-cream♥.

No comments: