Thursday 15 January 2009

Cineworld & Cinnabon.

Yesterday I took to the Whittards of London (five in total) in search of some brightly coloured plates for my mum. (I found them straight away, but shh, don't tell, it's her birthday in February). Among other things I bought Son of Rambow for £5 and found some cute little shops on Carnaby Street that could do with further exploring.
Commencing my usual routine of all-day Travelcard at New Cross Gate, £5.60, train to London Bridge, tube into Central London, shops and then back to New Cross via. Sainsbury's was most unusual. Both habitual and novel at the same time and at times I felt as new to it all as I did at the beginning of the autumn term (but with a better knowledge of the London Underground and its various lines and stations). I suppose it all comes down to the process of re-adjusting. For example, I've noticed already that I rely on the Internet here a lot more than I did at home and my eating and sleeping habits have already returned to gastronomical/ nocturnal sludge.

Today my plans consist of the following: take the DLR to West India Quay and find a Cineworld. Inquire about Unlimited Cards and purchase one if possible. Perhaps watch a film, Slumdog Millionaire or the Reader? Take the tube into Central London and find a birthday present for Gemma. Buy some cinnamon rolls from the Cinnabon at Piccadilly Circus? Write some letters. Write Gemma's birthday card and wrap her presents. Cook some food. Read some Jane Austen. Get back into a normal sleeping pattern.

Alternatively, I'll find upon arriving in West India Quay that the only way to apply is online and that it takes several days to process, etc. and that will be the end of my well-intended Cineworld schemings for the time being.

No comments: