Thursday 19 March 2009

Bake Off.

Alas, the 'Bake Off' was not to be.
We met outside the main building at 3 o'clock, following a morning full of outfit panic and several premature messages of 'watch the One Show tomorrow'. There was a large number of girls assembled - perhaps eighteen in total - and we formed quite a formidable group as we 'marched' up to the Students' Union offices in order to pay our £1 subscription fee. Afterwards we sat on the grass and enjoyed the sunshine, as we waited for the baking to begin. Unfortunately, however, the college had only assigned the film crew with a small Loring Hall kitchen and as a result, we had to narrow the eighteen or so hopefuls down to six. I was not a lucky baker.
Instead, I went back to my room, watched an interesting documentary called Boys and Girls Alone, went to Iceland (first real food shop in weeks), attempted to make a move on my Approaches essay, despite the beginnings of a nasty sore throat and eventually went to bed.

Today, as I continue my essay-writing, the sun insists on shining brighter than ever. Indeed, I'm somewhat reluctant to finish, as we all know that the lovely weather will disappear the moment my workload diminishes.

+
Watch: The One Show, BBC1, Tonight, 7pm.
Listen to: Woman's Hour, first topic.
& Read: click.

1 comment:

Me said...

I love how on the programme it said "... Goldsmiths - of all places - ..." Haha. And the 'new' cake looked blatantly better and more tasty than the old one :)
It's such a shame you didn't get picked! Boo hiss.
Hurry up and come home!
Charlotte x