Sunday 15 March 2009

Camden, Etc.



On Friday I took the tube to Euston, where I met up with my brother, Josh. Back in New Cross we paid Sainsbury's a visit and there we bought pizza, Ben & Jerry's ice-cream, Doritos, Coke, Jaffa Cakes, Pain au Chocolat, Orange Juice and Red Noses. Then we went back to my room, where we set about eating said culinary delights and watching Series 2 of the IT Crowd (Moss♥) before bed.

On Saturday we had a slight lie-in and pain au chocolat for breakfast, before making our way across London. First we went to Camden Town, where Josh soon fell in love with the busy markets, quirky bargains and over-sized sunglasses. We wandered the stalls for many an hour, without purchase, before heading on to Leicester Square, McDonalds and Forbidden Planet (aka. comic book heaven). (NB: Found Magazine). Here, we bought a badge a piece - David Bowie for Josh, Domo for me. Afterwards we went to Fopp (£3 DVDs and cheap books. Again with the NB: Everything is Illuminated & I for India), the big, fat Topshop and HMV, where Josh bought two CDs for £10. Finally, we went to the Hard Rock Cafe, in aid of Josh's worldwide pursuit. There was a fifty minute wait, but it was worth it. + I actually finished my burger for once. Hurray!

Today we went back to Camden in order to spend some money. (I think Josh would move there if the opportunity arose). We wandered the markets for a while, then I bought a necklace (NB the third: Lobe) and Josh a David Bowie t-shirt. We also had 'Tropical Sunrise' juice (yum yum) and I bought a felt brooch for Suzi's birthday. At three we set off for New Cross, only to discover that Camden tube station shuts between one and five thirty on a Sunday, in order to avoid overcrowding. Therefore, we had to walk (a good twelve minutes if the sign is anything to go by) to nearby Kentish Town. In New Cross we finished off our snacks then set off once more, this time for Euston. Unfortunately, we missed Josh's train by all of half a minute, but it was nice spending an unexpected additional hour together. We bought orange juice, sausage rolls and chips and sat around talking and writing our Mothers' Day card until the next train arrived.

P.S. Josh absolutely and completely earned his stay, by inadvertently fixing my Internet problems on his first night. Yay♥.

1 comment:

Harry said...

:O Internets are fixed!? Yayz!!!!

Then how come you haven't facebooked me????

:(

Faceeeeeeboooooooook!

Also, switch your phone on fool!!!

xx